Tips for How to choose your prom dress
1. Try on lots of different styles of dresses. You might love a dress you never thought you'd wear.
2. If you put on your dress before doing hair and make up, then drape a towel or put on a button up shirt over your dress to prevent make up smudges and accidents with food, drink, make up, hair spray, little brothers, etc.
Choose colors that match your skin tone.
3. Whether it is a formal prom or more casual will affect the type of dress you should wear. Keep this in mind.
Bring a friend or two along when you are trying on formal prom dresses. It is always better to get two or three opinions on such an important purchase.
4. On the other hand, you may want the dress to be a surprise. Or, your friends may have a completely different style to you. Instead take your mom with you or even your sister (if she is close to your age or older than you).
If getting your dress made, make sure the tailor is one with a good reputation.
5. If the prom issues of fashion and teen magazines have not come out by the time you are ready to start your search, check out some online stores and prom planning sites for ideas. They often have much more information than the typical print magazine and fewer advertisements to wade through.